Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more.
Did you know that excessive anger can lead to everything from the common cold to heart attacks? Here's how to handle it.
- Uncontrolled anger is bad for your health.
- A 4-step method to control anger: Breathe; relax your muscles; get it out; seek context.
For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind. -Ralph Waldo Emerson
See Also: Emotions
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- Would you describe yourself as an angry person? Why or why not?
- The first step in solving any problem is to recognize it. What are the main sources of your anger? Is there more than one?
- What are the benefits of controlling your anger? What are the drawbacks to not controlling your anger?
- The second step in solving a problem is having a plan. Explain how you plan to face the next situation that has caused anger in your past and how you will react differently next time.
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.