Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more
- According to Henry Cloud’s book The Power of Other, there are four types of leaders.
- The Loner Leader is disconnected from his employees. He rarely gives feedback to his team, and sometimes gives no feedback at all.
- The Toxic Leader gives his employees feedback, but only in a harsh or uncaring way. Sometimes his feedback isn’t even accurate according to the job they’ve done.
- The Fake Leader is afraid to give his employees any critical feedback, even if it is constructive criticism and well-deserved. Therefore, he only gives his team feedback that makes them feel good about themselves.
- The True Leader gives his employees honest, real, and practical feedback. This enables his team to keep moving forward in the direction of their mission.
- Employees need to hear real, honest feedback they can practically apply to the job they do.
Employees need to hear real, honest feedback they can practically apply to the job they do. -Henry Cloud
See Also: Leadership