Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more
It’s hard to manage your money when you don’t have much of it. That’s why it’s essential to have a budget.
- If you are broke, you need to make a budget ASAP.
- The first thing you should do is make a list of your income and expenses. List both regular expenses and irregular expenses.
- Cut spending in problem areas.
- After you budget, focus on increasing income through extra work hours or side gigs.
- Reaching real goals requires real sacrifice and real intentionality.
A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went. -Dave Ramsey
See Also: Budgeting
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- Do you have a budget? Why or why not?
- What are some irregular or non-essential costs you have on a monthly basis? What can you do to reduce those costs?
- How can a budget guide larger life decisions, like where you work or how you spend your time?
- What are some “side gigs” or other ways you can increase your income after you’ve got a budget in order?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This topic is adapted from thewildwong YouTube channel.