Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more.
As we get older, passions may wane and marriage can become routine. But it’s worth it to keep the romantic flame kindled.
- Don’t give up on romance.
- Recalibrate from a kid-centered marriage.
- Keep your communication great.
- Be intentional about creating opportunities.
Romance is the glamour which turns the dust of everyday life into a golden haze. – Elinor Glyn
A happy marriage is a long conversation which always seems too short. – Andre Marois
See Also: Marriage
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- What is one of your favorite romantic memories from when you and your spouse were first together? What is a simple act of love your spouse does on a regular basis that you find romantic?
- What surprised you about keeping the romance alive once the kids came along? What are some things you did to make sure you still focused on your marriage? How have you transitioned to being empty nesters? Would you say at this time in your life it is easier to keep the romance alive? Why or why not?
- Did you grow up with parents who made their marriage a high priority? What habits and traditions of your parents have you tried to maintain in your marriage? What have you tried to do differently?
- What would be your dream vacation with your spouse? Where would you want to go for a quick weekend getaway? What about a fun day trip?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.