Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) affects people from all walks of life.
- Many soldiers experience PTSD from their war experiences, but 7-8% of Americans will experienc it whether or not they served in the military.
- PTSD is not the only outcome of trauma. Some people suffer depression, anxiety, or other disorders from their difficulties.
- PTSD can wreak havoc untreated. Fotunately, treatments are available.
- Seek a qualified mental health professional if you or someone you care for suffers from PTSD.
PTSD is a whole-body tragedy, an integral human event of enormous proportions with massive repercussions. -Susan Pease Banitt
David Johnson, Ph.D., practices at the Ogden Center for Change.