Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more.
If you're anything like most people, you have habits you probably want to break. Here's how.
- Each habit has three components.
- Cues and rewards are the keys to habits.
For years when people thought about habits, they focused in on the routine. What we now know is that’s it’s cues and rewards that shape how habits occur and how to change them. -Charles Duhigg
See Also: Addiction, Habits
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- What are some “bad habits” other people have that can get on your nerves? Why do these habits bug you?
- Do you think it is easier to break a habit or make a habit? Explain.
- What are the habits you want to break? How did you first develop these habits?
- What are some habits you want to develop? Why do you want to form these habits? How will you go about forming them?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.