Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more
- There are three main threats for teens online; yourself, predators and porn.
- The biggest threat online is YOU! You posting or uploading something stupid is dangerous. Before you post or upload something, ask yourself if you’d be cool with your grandma seeing it.
- The second online threat is predators. These are people who want to take advantage of you by harming your physically or by stealing your information and your money. “Avoid the tempation to give information.” Don’t share your personal information unless you know for sure it’s with a safe person.
- The third threat is pornography. Close to 12% of ALL websites online are porn sites. Porn can and will cause serious psychological damage to anyone who views it consistently. You need to protect yourself with filtering software and parental oversight.
- Protect yourself and talk to your parents or a trusted mentor about these threats.
The internet is a great information tool, and can be a place where kids learn, but we must remember that when kids are online, they are in public. -Mark Kennedy