Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more.
Should you follow your passion, wherever it may take you? Should you only do what you love... or learn to love what you do?
- Just because you’re passionate about something doesn’t mean you won’t stink at it.
- Your happiness on the job has very little to do with the work itself.
- Staying the course only makes sense if you’re heading in a sensible direction.
- Never let your passion lead you, but always bring it with you.
Talent is interest applied. –Bob Ross
See Also: Career, Success, Workplace
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- Why do you think our culture is so keen on telling people to “follow their passion?”
- What are some of the passions that you feel pressured to follow? Where is the pressure coming from?
- What are you most passionate about? What are you most skilled at? Where do those align?
- Explain the “skills gap” and how it fits into blindly following your passion.
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.