Topic #1: Bullying
- Bullies bully to feel strong. They’re just kids, and they probably don’t feel very big in their world.
- Bullies bully to feel cool. They sometimes do it just to get attention.
- Bullies bully to feel better about themselves. Deep down inside, bullies are insecure people.
Topic #2: Self Control
- Self-control is all about controlling your own actions and not just doing whatever you want.
- You can have self-control by being nice to your brothers and sisters or by being careful what you eat.
- If you get really frustrated or annoyed, try taking a time out.
Topic #3: Winning
- Real winners never give up.
- Real winners aren’t sore losers.
- Real winners are good losers.
Topic #4: Attitude
- Your attitude is the one thing you can always control.
- Good attitudes are a habit.
- The attitude you develop as a kid will follow you through life.
Topic #5: Wisdom
- Being wise and being smart aren’t the same thing.
- Anyone can be wise; wisdom isn’t just for old people. Wisdom is knowing what’s right and acting on it.
- One example of wisdom is knowing that vegetables are good for you, so you eat them. Another is knowing that bullying is bad, so you don’t do it.
Topic #6: Drugs
- There’s a lot of reasons people do drugs, but no reason is good enough.
- Drugs do lots of bad things to you.
- Be on the lookout and stay away from people who want to give you drugs.
- Drug problems start the first time you try drugs. So don’t try them!
Topic #7: Patience
- When you are patient with other people you try your best to understand them and listen to them before you talk.
- A great way to stay patient when you are getting annoyed is by taking a deep breath and counting to ten before you do anything.
- The best way to get better at patience is to practice!
Topic #8: Courage
- Courage is about facing your fears even when you want to run, and there are plenty of things that might make us want to run.
- Making friends when you don’t know a lot of people – like if you move to a new town – can take courage.
- Standing up for what’s right, like protecting someone being picked on, or telling the truth when it would be easier to hide or to mind your own business, takes courage.
Topic #9: Grumbling
- Nobody likes grumblers and complainers.
- Grumblers find something to complain about, good or bad.
- The worst thing is that if you hang out with grumblers, you’ll become one!