Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more
Get clarity on these five things and get your life or company to the next level.
- Great teams have clarity on mission, vision, values, strategy, and culture.
- Mission answers the question, “Why do we exist?”
- Values answer the question, “What do we care about?”
- Vision answers the question, “Where are we going?”
- Strategy answers the question, “How will we get there?”
- Culture answers the question, “How do we actually do things?”
- If you get clarity on these five points, you’ll be positioned to truly win as a team.
As leaders, we need to be clear about our main job. What is our real goal?
See Also: Clarity, Leadership, Mission, Sports, Teams, Vision, Workplace
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- Have you ever been a part of an organization with a clear mission? Describe it. Why is clarity on this topic so valuable to a team?
- Of the five points above, which element is your strongest as a team? Which element is the most undefined?
- What are your personal (or corporate) values?
- What is your mission? What is your vision?
- What do you currently spend the most time doing? What should you be prioritizing?
- What do you need to clarify in this area for your team, and who needs to be around the table to help? Go through this series with your leadership team and invest the time to bring clarity to this topic.
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.