Where I talk about bullies and how they’re just normal kids after all.
- Bullies are stupid. Wait a second, that’s not very nice.
- Bullies are dumb. Oops, I did it again!
- Bullies bully to feel strong. They’re just kids, and they probably don’t feel very big in their world.
- Bullies bully to feel cool. They sometimes do it just to get attention.
- Bullies bully to feel better about themselves. Deep down inside, bullies are insecure people.
The bottom line is the bullies are regular kids. If you are a bully – or if you’re being bullied – talk about it with an adult.
Talk About It:
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- List the five things about bullies. Which one makes the most sense to you?
- Who are the bullies at your school? Why do you think they bully?
- If you could say anything to a bully, what would you say? Why don’t you say it?
- We learned 5 thing about bullies. What can you add to the list?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.