Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more
- How a child copes depends on how old they are.
- Most often what needs to happen is another adult coming in to help the child.
- Children need to have their reality verified. Giving them the space to voice their concerns without feeling like they are betraying their parent is very important.
- Take advantage of support groups like Al-Anon, Alateen, and ACOA.
- The key is to get support and not go it alone.
“The main issue is to encourage people to get their own support to help them figure out how to cope with their situation.” -Paul J. Rinaldi
See Also: Addiction