Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more
- Many people struggle with self-control. It often feels like our brains don’t want to be in control.
- There are three main ways to view willpower: I WILL power, I WON’T power, and I WANT power.
- I WILL power helps us decide whether or not we want to experience the consequences of our actions.
- I WON’T power is about resisting temptation.
- I WANT power helps us remember what we truly, deeply want most.
- Willpower is ultimately about paying attention to our deepest wants and needs.
- Understanding different types of willpower will help us make better choicies moving forward.
Willpower isn’t something that gets handed out to some and not to others. It is a skill you can develop through understanding and practice. -Gillian Riley