Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more.
If you suffer from anxiety or depression, it might be that you just have a little too much chaos in your life.
- Is there too much chaos in your life? A little chaos is okay, but too much chaos leads to depression and anxiety for many people.
- Do you have a job? A job brings rhythm into your schedule and life. It gives you a sense of purpose and order.
- Do you have friends? A lack of friends increases chaos!
- What about your health? Struggling with health or being unhealthy can also increase chaos.
- Do you have a drug addiction? Drugs absolutley bring chaos, not order, into people’s lives.
- If you want to bring order, make positive changes to these things.
Work as hard as you possibly can on one thing and see what happens. -Jordan Peterson
See Also: Depression, Emotions
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- Do you struggle, or have you struggled, with depression or anxiety? Explain.
- Do you feel like your life is out of control or chaotic? Explain.
- How do you think having a job could bring regularity or order to your life? In what ways could it cause disorder?
- Why are friends important to maintaining a healthy mindset? In what ways can friends actually cause chaos?
- Physical unhealthiness can have profound mental health implications. Have you seen this to be true yourself? Explain.
- Drug addiction is one of the quickest ways of introducing chaos into your life. What steps should people take if they are struggling with addiction to overcome it?
- Of the four main things listed here, which one would you say needs the most help in your own life? Why?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.