Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more.
Standardized tests have been used for two thousand years. Find out here some of the benefits and drawbacks for using them at school, work, and in the government.
- The pressure to perform.
- Standardized tests are tools.
- How standardized tests are used.
- How to be successful with standardized tests.
The one size fits all approach of standardized testing is convenient but lazy. -James Dyson
See Also: Education, Parenting, Workplace
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- How do you feel about standardized tests? Why?
- What was your reaction to your (or your student’s) most recent standardized test result?
- How can you use the test results as a tool to help you?
- How can you (or help your students to) have a growth mindset about your standardized test scores, whether they are high, low, or in the middle?
- What can you do to ensure that you or your student(s) are able to reach your educational and professional goals?
- How can you prepare yourself or your student(s) for standardized tests without letting them rule your life?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.