Attitude is one of the most important topics a kid needs to understand – that is, if you want to succeed in life. Have a good attitude and you’ll be king of the world. Have a bad attitude and you’ll end up jobless and friendless. So here are 3 things every kid needs to know about attitude:
- Your attitude is the one thing you can always control. All through life, you’ll have bad stuff and good stuff happen to you. You can’t always control that. But you can control your attitude. No one else gets to.
- Good attitudes are a habit. Hardly anyone is born with a good attitude, although some kids have an easier time than others. But every grown up who has a good attitude had to develop that through lots of practice, just like any habit.
- The attitude you develop as a kid will follow you through life. That means it’s important to work on now, every single day.
If you want to move forward in life, start as a kid. Work on your attitude so you don’t end up being a real loser as a grown up.
Talk About It:
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- Of all your friends, who has the best attitude?
- Give yourself a grade on your attitude. What kinds of things do you have a good attitude about? What do you usually have a bad attitude about?
- Explain what it means that good attitudes are a “habit”. Write down three things you can do to develop a “good attitude habit”.
- Name some adults who have a good attitude. How has that worked out for them in life?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.