Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more.
- Be confident. Confidence isn’t about being prideful. Confidence is about being the best you can be and not letting other people’s opinions of you control your life and your thoughts about yourself.
- Don’t feed the bully! Bullys are looking for negative reactions from the people they pick on. Don’t give it to them. If you’re confident in yourself (step one) who cares what the bully says?
- Stand up. Don’t let bullies pick on you, on your friends, or even on the quiet, lonely kid nobody talks to. Be one of the good people: stand up for everybody, big or small.
- You’re not a wuss for telling an adult. If a kid is bullying you or someone else, you can talk to your parents, a teacher, or other adults who can help.
- Many bullies are hurting inside and they’re coping with hard home lives or abuse by bullying others. You’re not just helping yourself by telling an adult, but the bully, too. Everyone needs a helping hand.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke