Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more.
Being brave is hard, but we all know deep down we should have courage.
- Courage is facing your fears when you want to run.
- Courage helps you to stand up in the face of fear. Instead of running from things, you step up and face up to the challenge.
- Build courage in your life by identifying your fears, look for ways to conquer them and always be ready to stand up for your beliefs.
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”- Winston Churchill
See Also: Character
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- Which movie, TV, or book character do you think is the most courageous? What’s the most courageous thing they’ve done? Why is this thing courageous?
- Describe the last time that you did something courageous and it was awesome.
- What are some things that you are afraid of? How can you overcome these fears?
- Name a real person in your life that is courageous. What do you think makes them that way?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.