Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more
- There are five ways teams commonly fail to work together to get the job done.
- Trust is the base for a functional team. Not having this within your team can destroy you from the beginning.
- Conflict can be a reason for failure if it’s not handled in the right way.
- When your team communication isn’t good it can lead to team member not committing to the decisions that are made. This is a failure of “buy-in.”
- Lack of accountability is another way your team can fall apart. Peer-to-peer accountability is really hard to come by.
- Failure of “focus” happens when people stop focusing on the collective goals of the team and instead focus on their own individual goals.
If you notice your team is lacking in one of these areas take some time to evaluate team performance and confront the issues before your team finds itself in a cycle of dysfunction.