Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more.
Gratitude is one of the simplest virtues to practice, so why is it so lacking in our culture?
- Gratitude is appreciating what you have and who gave it.
- Gratitude helps us to be positive in life and enables us to appreciate all that we have.
- One of the best ways to get more gratitude in your life is to pay attention to all that you have and keep a journal about it.
Being aware of and appreciating what you have around you is important when thinking about gratitude.
See Also: Emotions, Character
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- Describe someone you know who has a lot of gratitude. What do you think of them? What do you think is their secret to having so much gratitude?
- What is the first thing you think of when you think about the word “gratitude?” Why?
- What are some areas of your life where it is easy for you to have gratitude? Where is it hard for you?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.