Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more.
The world seems to favor the extroverts but the introvert has a lot to offer, too.
- Introverts are great people. Our culture places a lot of emphasis on extroversion and friendliness. But the world needs introverts, too, and their strengths are often overlooked.
- Don’t apologize for your personality type. You have to figure out your personality and what works for you and then go and be a contributor in your world.
I’m an introvert… I love being by myself, love being outdoors, love taking a long walk with my dogs and looking at the trees, flowers, the sky. -Audrey Hepburn
See Also: Communication, Emotions, Just for Young Adults
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- Do you consider yourself an introvert or an extrovert? Explain.
- What are some of the ways our culture prioritizes extroversion?
- What are some of the great things about introverts?
- What are some of the challenges of being an introvert?
- How can you politely educate your friends and family who might be extroverted that you don’t hate them but are just an introvert?
- How can you work to figure out your personality and what works best for you in life?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.