Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more
- Forgiveness is hard to practice, especially if you’ve been truly wronged.
- Forgiveness is “extending grace when it is not expected.”
- We have to forgive even when it is difficult. This is what true forgiveness is.
- A world without forgiveness would be a world full of hatred. We all forgive and have been forgiven of much by others.
- Don’t take everything personally. This will help you forgive.
- See the big picture in high school: it’s only four years of your life.
- Be willing and open to forgiving others. There can’t be forgiveness without a willingness to forgive.
We must develop and maintain the capacity to forgive. He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love. There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us. When we discover this, we are less prone to hate our enemies. -Martin Luther King, Jr.
This is part of the Core Virtues for Students series.