Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more.
Do you have the power to tame the wild best inside of you? It’ll take self-control.
- Self control is choosing what’s right when you’re tempted not to do the right thing.
- Without self-control, you’ll make bad choices and head down the wrong path.
- Grow in self-control by: Taking a time out, look at the bigger picture and practice self control in the little things so you’re ready when the big things come along.
“Self-control – what lies in our power to do, it lies in our power not to do.” – Aristotle
See Also: Habits
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- When is a time that you reacted on an impulse and had no self-control? How did the situation turn out for you?
- How can self-control benefit you in not giving in to your temptations?
- Have you considered what “triggers” you to engage in unhealthy behaviors? What are some of these triggers?
- How can you get rid of some of the temptations that you have?
- What are some little battles you can win to prepare for some bigger ones?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.