Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more.
What do Dumbledore, Gandalf, and Yoda all have in common? They were known to be wise.
- Wisdom is knowing what’s right and acting on it.
- A wise person isn’t just knowledgable. A wise person makes good choices and proves their integrity.
- Use the WISE acronym to gain more wisdom: Wait, don’t rush. Inspect every angle. Select the best decision. Encode and remember this decision for the next decision.
Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom.- Thomas Jefferson
See Also: Character,
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- Name your favorite fictional character who displays wisdom. In what specific ways do they show it?
- Name a real person in your life who displays wisdom. In what specific ways do they show it?
- When you think of a wise person, what are the attributes that come to mind?
- Think of a situation where you displayed wisdom. Explain.
- Think of a situation where you were lacking in wisdom. Explain.
- In terms of the upcoming week, how are you going to remember to be WISE?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.