Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more.
High-conflict people can destroy everyone in their path. Here's how to stay out of their way.
- A toxic person looks to blame others and is known for unmanaged emotions that can both scare and surprise others.
- Toxic people work in the extremes and their behaviors can be erratic and unpredictable.
- Avoid being the target of a toxic person by creating appropriate boundaries.
Man must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression and retaliation. The foundation of such a method is love. -Martin Luther King, Jr.
See Also: Communication, Friendship, Relationships
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- Identify some of the harder friendships you have in your life right now. Why are they hard?
- Do those friends have any of the toxic behaviors listed above? Explain.
- Have you tried to confront these toxic friends in the past? Explain.
- What qualities should you look for in your friends moving forward?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.