Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more.
Doing well in your classes doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice having fun all together.
- Making time for fun in high school is important.
- High school is a great time to get involved in a lot of different activities.
- Studying and getting good grades is important, too.
“What I remember most about high school are the memories I created with my friends.”- J.J Watt
See Also: Friendship
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- What’s your favorite part about high school? What’s your least favorite part? Explain.
- If you had to say one or the other about yourself, would you describe yourself as a person who is too focused on studies or as a person who is too focused on fun? Why do you think you swing this way?
- What’s a memorable time you had with friends when you had a great time? What made it memorable?
- What do you want to get out of high school? Is it possible to get a good education and also to have a good time? What does that balance look like in your life personally?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.