Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more.
When your expectations aren't met by the people under you, it's easy to get frustrated... and passive aggressive.
- Weak leaders get passive aggressive when expectations aren’t met.
- Strong leaders have clarity and communicate it directly.
- Strong leaders aggressively create a culture of ownership.
Words empty as the wind are best left unsaid.- Homer
See Also: Communication, Culture
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- Have you ever served under a passive-aggressive leader? Describe it. What effect did it have on you?
- Who are you most passive-aggressive toward? What kinds of things do you do?
- If you could have an honest conversation with that person, what would you say? What keeps you from having that honest conversation?
- What boundaries or consequences do you have to put in place for the person above? Do you think those boundaries or consequences are clear to that person? Explain.
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.