This topic is adapted from the FLEXTALK YouTube channel.
Patience is something that every kid should have. The patience that we are talking about isn’t the same as a patient in the hospital. No, this patience is all about the way you think and act.
- When you are patient with other people you try your best to understand them and listen to them before you talk.
- Sometimes it’s hard to be patient with people that annoy you. The best way to be patient with them is to make sure you are thinking before you say things to them or respond to them when they are bothering you.
- A great way to stay patient when you are getting annoyed is by taking a deep breath and counting to ten before you do anything.
- If you are arguing with someone or being mean to them, then you probably aren’t being very patient.
- The best way to get better at patience is to practice!
Now that you know what patience is, take the time to practice it. Don’t let things that bother you make you impatient. Always take time to think before you act or speak!
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- Who is someone that makes you impatient? Why?
- Why do you think it’s hard to be patient when people are bothering you?
- Why is patience so important?
- Can you think of someone who is really patient? Why do you think they are so patient?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.