Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more.
- There are 6 short cuts to being persuasive:
- Reciprocity: People are likely to give back in the same manner that someone gave to them.
- Scarcity: People want more of what they fear might go away.
- Authority: People follow the lead of those that come off as experts.
- Consistency: People are likely to stick to something if they’ve made a prior commitment to do it.
- Liking: People are more likely to say “Yes” to a person they like; whether it’s due to similar interests are because they’re really good at giving compliments.
- Consensus: People are often motivated to do something if they see others doing it.
The greatest ability in business is to get along with others and to influence their actions. -John Hancock