Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more.
Does the good outweigh the bad for using Snapchat?
- There are a lot of pros to using Snapchat. It’s an easy and fun way to send pictures to your friends.
- Snapchat can be problematic if you post inappropriate pictures or if a friend sends something to you that is inappropriate.
- For a lot of teenagers, it is the primary source of communication so not having it means you’re left out.
- Watch out for the company stories that post new things everyday. Some of their content can be racy.
We all make mistakes. But social media can frame those mistakes and display them infinitely.-Anonymous
See Also: Entertainment, Technology
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- What main form of social media do you use? Why do you use it? How do you use it?
- What is your favorite thing about Snapchat? What is your favorite picture filter?
- Has someone sent you some kind of offensive picture? What did you do about it? Are you still friends with that person on Snapchat? Why or why not?
- When have you missed out on an invite with your friends because you didn’t see it on social media?
- Have you accidentally seen some form of pornography on social media? How easy do you think it would be for a young man to find pornography on social media?
- When have you deleted or taken a break from some kind of social media? Why did you delete or take a break from it?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.