Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more.
Once the “boulders” of strategic objectives are in place, it’s time to establish the “pebbles” of action steps. Eventually, the “sand” of everyday habits can be ingrained in everything you do as a team.
- Start by identifying your strategic objectives, the things you need to do to complete your mission.
- Then, write out the actions steps needed for each objective. These are measurable actions that can be assigned to a person and with a due date.
- Doing this will shape your culture because everyone on the team knows what their responsibilities are and when they need to be completed.
A company’s culture is the foundation for future innovation. An entrepreneur’s job is to build the foundation. -Brian Chesky, Co-founder of Airbnb
See Also: Habits, Mission, Workplace
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- List a few action steps for each of your strategic objectives from Box 4 on the 5-Point Clarity Worksheet.
- Circle the values in Box 2 on the worksheet that align with your current (actual) team culture. Which values do you fail to honor as a team?
- Give your team a grade on culture. What do you need to do to start making changes? Identify a few new habits you want to ingrain in your team
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.