Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more.
Learn these 7 simple habits to become a better person and a more effective leader.
- Be proactive.
- Begin with the end in mind.
- Put first things first.
- Think “Win-Win.”
- Seek first to understand, then to be understood.
- Sharpen the saw.
Sow a thought, reap an action; sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny. -Steven R. Covey
See Also: Habits, Leadership, Workplace
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- Which of the habits of effective people is your strongest? Which is your weakest? Explain.
- What does it mean to subordinate an impulse to a value? When is the last time you did it?
- Give an example of separating the “urgent” from the “important.” What does it look like in your life to do this?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This topic is adapted from the Callibrain YouTube channel.