Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more.
- Gallup did a poll that revealed that 87% of people don’t enjoy their work. That means 87% of people don’t like how they spend a lot of their time.
- The factor that makes people unhappy at work is the feeling of lack of control. In order to be happy, we must feel that we belong, that our lives have meaning and purpose, that we are valued, and that we have a future that is hopeful and makes sense.
- Some people who have felt stifled at their jobs have taken initiative by starting their own businesses. This gave them a sense of freedom and buy-in that they didn’t have working for someone else.
- Of course, this can become a cycle when the formerly depressed worker becomes the boss with employees who feel like they have no control. One solution may be a more democratic approach to business rather than the traditional corporate method (which is actually quite new).
- We can’t just take care of the symptoms. Rather, we have to find solutions for the sources of our anxieties and strifes.
It’s all about quality of life and finding a happy balance between work and friends and family. -Philip Green