Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more.
Is your kid being bullied? Consider these tips as you help your kids navigate their bully.
- Physical bullying is very common, especially in middle school, and comes in many forms.
- Avoid being around the bully whenever possible.
- Don’t try to make friends with the bully. They can end up bullying you more or taking advantage of you.
- Hang out with other kids so you aren’t alone. Stay near adults if there aren’t friends near by.
- Get help from an adult as a last resort.
When someone is cruel or acts like a bully, you don’t stoop to their level. No, our motto is, when they go low, we go high. – Michelle Obama
See Also: Parenting
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- Is bullying a big problem at your school or in your neighborhood? Does your school or neighborhood try to address the problem? Explain.
- Do you think the advice to avoid bullies is helpful and practical, or unrealistic? Why would it be hard to avoid a bully?
- Have you ever seen someone being bullied? Do you or other kids try to step in and stop it? Why or why not?
- Why do you think getting help from an adult was suggested as a last resort?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.