Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more.
- Some people do drugs because they think it’s cool. Other people do drugs because they don’t feel good about themselves. Sometimes people even do it just to fit in or avoid their problems. There’s a lot of reasons people do drugs, but no reason is good enough.
- Drugs do lots of bad things to you. They can make your teeth fall out, your breath stink, your brain go crazy, make you lose your job, make you go to jail, make you lose the people you love, and they can even make you die. Basically there’s just a lot of bad things drugs can do to you.
- You might wonder where people get their drugs, and there are a few different places. Some people get them from kids at school or random people off the street. Hopefully, no one is offering you drugs while you are in grade school, but as you get older you may notice more and more people doing drugs. Be on the lookout and stay away from those people.
- Drug problems start the first time you try drugs. You try them once and you might try them again, and again, and again, and again. Eventually doing drugs will turn into an addiction, and that is a really big problem.
- The last thing you need to know about drugs is DON’T DO THEM. Drugs will just ruin your life, so don’t touch them!
Parents are key when it comes to keeping kids off drugs. Good parenting is the best anti-drug we have. -Mel Carnahan