Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more.
Every team and organization has a culture, and it means everything when it comes to accomplishing your mission and vision with full integrity.
- Team culture is at the heart of your organization and it answers the question, “How do we actually do things?”
- A healthy team culture has integrity meaning everything fits together and works well together. You’re doing what you say and saying what you do.
- An unhealthy team culture experiences mission drift where some people move away from the mission, vision and values and the team starts to fail.
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships. -Michael Jordan
See Also: Mission, Teams, Workplace
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- Make a list of some of the words that describe your team culture right now.
- Use the Team Worksheet to brainstorm the mission, vision, values, and strategies of your organization. Go back to your list from #2. Circle the words that align with what you’ve written down. Start another list of words describing what your culture is missing.
- Give your team a grade on culture. What do you need to do to start making changes?
- On a scale of 1-10, how integrated is your team? Defend your answer. What can you do as a leader to begin to build better team integration?
- Revisit the Team Worksheet at a leadership retreat to bring greater clarity to your mission, vision, values, and strategies. Make sure they are clear to your highest level leaders, and then plan to take them to the rest of the organization.
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
Download the worksheet for this conversation or view the Google Slides.