Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more.
- Here are seven steps to breaking up the right way:
- Make sure you really want to break up.
- Figure out what you’re going to say. Write down your thoughts so they are clear to you.
- Plan out a specific time to have the conversation. You don’t want to be in this conversation for hours.
- Make plans for right after the conversation so you have a valid reason of why you need to end the conversation and move on.
- Have the conversation. Be brave. Be kind. Be honest.
- When it’s over, it’s over. Don’t make plans to talk later. Make the clean break.
- Make the stuff exchange. If you have a sweatshirt of theirs, give it to a friend to give it back.
Pain makes you stronger, fear makes you braver, heartbreak makes you wiser. -Drake