Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more
- Ownership means taking responsibility for your part. It means holding yourself accountable for the things that you did (or didn’t do!) and not blaming anyone else.
- Not owning up to your actions and pointing fingers makes people lose respect for you.
- Try these steps next time you need to own up:
- Admit where you finger-point and take more ownership in those areas.
- Balance your perspective by seeing situations from multiple angles.
- Commit to stop making excuses in at least one area of your life.
Action springs not from thought, but from a readiness for responsibility. -Dietrich Bonhoeffer