Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more.
Jeff Bezos laid out for key qualities for his stakeholders in 2014. How does your next idea stack up?
- Customer love. Do people love it? Not everyone must love it, but you need a customer base.
- Scaleability. Can this grow into other markets?
- Strong returns. Can you make money on this product in the long-run or not?
- Future-proof. Can this product stand the test of time?
We’ve had three big ideas at Amazon that we’ve stuck with for eighteen years, and they’re the reason we’re successful: Put the customer first. Invent. And be patient. -Jeff Bezos
See Also: Entrepreneurs, Success
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- What is the product or service you are or would like to develop? Explain.
- What do/will customers love about your product or service? Explain.
- In what ways could your product or service grow into other markets?
- What sort of returns are you expecting? Explain.
- Can your product or service stand the test of time? What will be the challenges to overcome in the long-haul?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.