This topic is adapted from the Kid Forward Youtube channel.
Attitude is one of the most important things that any kid needs to know about, especially if you want to succeed in life. Have a good attitude and you’ll be king of the world. Have a bad attitude and you’ll end up jobless and friendless. So here are three things you need to know about attitude.
- Your attitude is the one thing you can alway control. All through life you have good and bad things happen to you, and you can’t control them. However, you can control your attitude when those things happen.
- Good attitudes are a habit. Hardly anyone is born with a good attitude, although some kids have an easier time than others. But every adult who has a good attitude had to develop that through lots of practice, just like any habit.
- The attitude you develop as a kid will follow you through life. That means it’s important to work on right now, every day.
If you want to be successful in life, start learning how to control your attitude while you are still a kid. If you don’t work on it now you will grow up to have a bad attitude.
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- What do you think it means to have a good attitude?
- Why do you think it’s important to have a good attitude?
- What do you think it means to have a bad attitude?
- Have you ever had a bad attitude before? What happened?
- What are some ways you can practice having a good attitude even when things are hard?
- Is it always wrong to have a bad attitude? Why or why not?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.