This topic is adapted from the FLEXTALK YouTube channel.
When you think of the word “wisdom,” you probably think it’s something only old people can have. How can a kid be wise? Well, let’s see what AJ and Ivy have to say.
- Being wise and being smart aren’t the same thing. When you are smart, you might know a lot of things, but only wise people know how to put that knowledge to good use.
- Anyone can be wise; wisdom isn’t just for old people. Wisdom is knowing what’s right and acting on it.
- One example of wisdom is knowing that vegetables are good for you, so you eat them. Another is knowing that bullying is bad, so you don’t do it.
- It’s not just about being smart, but about living smartly.
Now that you know what wisdom is all about, start being wise! All it takes is knowing what’s right and doing it. Soon you’ll be just as wise as old people!
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- Who is a really smart person you know? How are they smart?
- Who is a really wise person you know? How are they wise?
- What is the difference between being smart and being wise?
- Why is being wise important?
- What are some examples of being wise in your life?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.