Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more
- If stress is activated too often or for too long, it can wreak havoc on your body.
- Biologically, stress is caused by the release of hormones. Problems can arise if these hormones are released too consistently.
- Continued stress can also affect digestion and weight retention by disrupting normal, healthy digestion.
- Continued stress will affect your immune system in the long-term, making you more susceptible to sickness.
- To negate these effects, you must learn how to healthily handle stress so you do not suffer its most serious side-effects.
If you don’t think your anxiety, depression, sadness and stress impact your physical health, think again. All of these emotions trigger chemical reactions in your body, which can lead to inflammation and a weakened immune system. Learn how to cope, sweet friend. There will always be dark days. -Kris Carr