Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more
- “Love languges” are the ways feel most comfortable giving and receiving love.
- There are five main love languages: words of affirmation, acts of service, gift-giving, quality time, and physical touch.
- Knowing others’ love languages will help you care for them uniquely and direct your energy to serving them and caring for them in terms they will most appreciate.
- Not everyone gives and receives love in the same way. The quicker you learn this, the better off you’ll be.
- You can figure out other people’s love languages by observing them, listening to what bugs them, and paying close attention to what they ask for.
Our most basic emotional need is not to fall in love but to be genuinely loved by another, to know a love that grows out of reason and choice, not instinct. I need to be loved by someone who chooses to love me, who sees in me something worth loving. -Gary Chapman