Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more.
Learn how to fight procrastination by incorporating 3 easy principles that will help you stay on track to get the project done.
- Procrastination is all about lying to yourself.
- Step 1: Take things one bite at a time and reward yourself throughout.
- Step 2: Start a project off with the task you like the best.
- Step 3: Clear out any distractions like social media or video games.
“My advice is to never do tomorrow what you can do today. Procrastination is the thief of time.” -Charles Dickens
See Also: College, Just for Young Adults
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- How often do you procrastinate? What things do you procrastinate over the most?
- What lies do you tell yourself when you are procrastinating?
- Which of the steps is most helpful to you? Why?
- What are some other thing you can do to stop procrastinating?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.