Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more.
Suffering is going to happen in life. The question is whether you'll make enough meaningful choices to justify living through it.
- “Happy” just isn’t always going to happen, so we must figure out how to deal with suffering and disappointment.
- The trick is to do more meaningful stuff to justify the inevitable suffering we will face in life.
- People have a choice to believe in one of two philosophies: (1) Nothing you do means anything or (2) Everything you do matters.
Life can be meaningful enough to justify its suffering.
See Also: Habits, Suffering
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- Share an example of some of the suffering or disappointment you’ve experienced. How did you handle it?
- Which of the two philosophies above do you buy in to? Explain.
- Make a list of the top five meaningful things you can do in life and grade yourself on how well you’re accomplishing those things.
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.