Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more.
Love doesn’t just apply to one aspect of your life or one person in your life.
- Love is elevating others above oneself.
- Without love, you can’t have real relationships with people.
- To be more loving, pay attention what the other person needs, give freely without expecting anything in return and discover the love language of the other person and start loving them in their language.
“If we lose love and self respect for each other, this is how we finally die.” -Maya Angelou
See Also: Relationships
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- Who are some people in your life who are great at expressing their love for you? Why are they good at expressing it? How can you copy this and become more loving yourself?
- Would others consider you a loving person? Why or why not? Explain.
- What’s your “love language” (how do you express love)? What’s your favorite form of love you like to receive? How will knowing these things affect you and your relationships with others?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.