Drugs. Violence. Depression. Suicide. Students today are struggling like never before, and the solution is shockingly simple. We believe students helping students is the best way forward, and FlexTalk Fridays makes it happen.
How It Works
FlexTalk Friday happens in three phases:
We bring the best high school students through our FlexTalk leadership program, teaching them how to pass along values to the younger generation.
We meet once a month at the junior high, putting student leaders in front of ninth graders to talk about topics that actually matter to them.
We offer more topics for students, parents, and teachers – helping everyone bring values beyond the classroom and into their daily lives.
The FlexTalk library contains hundreds of topics to spark conversations at school, at home, and everywhere. Here’s what we’re featuring this year on Fridays:
Topic #1: Social Media
- Social media makes us feel like we have to put up a false front of happiness.
- Social media can cause us to compare ourselves to others and even to ourselves at times.
- Social media creates unrealistic expectations and false stories of perfection that doesn’t truly exist.
Topic #2: Study Habits
- Diligence is about working hard and never giving up.
- Diligence helps you to develop good habits that will carry you through your life.
- If you want to become more diligent, set goals and work hard to achieve them.
Topic #3: Being Different
- Most of us buy in to a false idea that everyone has to look the same to fit in.
- Trends become obsessions, and that can blind us to our own opinions.
- After high school, all of these stupid trends probably won’t matter.
Topic #4: Friendship
- A common stereotype is that girls talk about feelings and boys avoid them.
- In friendships, guys will roast you to your face but a girl will only do it behind your back.
- Relating to each other, guys will act tough around girls and girls will act dumb around guys.
Topic #5: Holding Grudges
- Forgiveness is “extending grace when it is not expected.”
- A world without forgiveness would be a world full of hatred.
- Don’t take everything personally; this will help you forgive.
Topic #6: Peer Pressure
- Peer pressure is when your friends want you to do something and you consider it in order to fit in.
- There are three steps to beating it:
- Admit that it might work on you.
- Surround yourself with good friends.
- Have the courage to say no when you need to.
Topic #7: Self-Control
- Self control is choosing what’s right when you’re tempted not to do the right thing.
- Without self-control, you’ll make bad choices and head down the wrong path.
- Grow in self-control by: Taking a time out, look at the bigger picture and practice self control in the little things so you’re ready when the big things come along.
Topic #8: Taking Ownership
- Ownership means taking responsibility for your part and holding yourself accountable for the things that you did or didn’t do.
- Not owning up to your actions and pointing fingers makes people lose respect for you.
- Make a commitment to stop making excuses in at least one area of your life.
More Student Topics
- Learn How to Be Self-Confident
- How Addiction Happens
- How to Break Up the Right Way
- How to Deal With Insecurity
- Actions Speaks Louder Than Words
- Dealing With Rejection
- How Long Will You Live?
- What’s the Best Way to Communicate: Group Chat or Face to Face?
- The Mob Mentality and Social Media
- How to Help a Friend Who is Grieving
- How to Help Someone Who Is Suicidal
- How to Talk to Your Parents About Your Depression
- Answer This Before You Start Dating
- 3 Steps to Beating Peer Pressure
- Is Vaping Dangerous?
- How to Stop Procrastinating
- Friendships After High School Are Different
- How to Cope with a Parent’s Alcoholism
- Stereotypes About Guy vs. Girl Friendships
- Give Your Parents Another Chance
- Know Your Identity
- Tips from Your Internet Bodyguard
- The Difference Between Introverts and Extroverts
- Is High School Really the Best Years of Your Life?
- How to Spot Toxic People Before It’s Too Late
- The Pressures of Social Media
- The Dangers of Overthinking
- How Playing an Instrument Benefits Your Brain
- Do’s and Don’ts of Dating in High School
- Don’t Be A Follower
- What You Can Learn From The Bachelor
- For Those Considering Suicide
- Overcoming Senioritis
- What Are the Chances You Actually Have ADHD?
- Don’t Buy Into That Stupid Power Dynamic
- How Stress Affects Your Body
- Toxic People: How to End a Bad Relationship
- What Is Modesty? | Teens Girls Talk About Modesty #2
- Being the Youngest Child
- How To Process Your Emotions
- The Life-Changing Act of Saying Hello
- Don’t Compare Yourself to Others
- Study Less, Study Smart
- Ask a Pro Football Player
- 20 Things We Should Say More Often
- 6 Types of Modesty | Teen Girls Talk About Modesty #1
- Sisters Before Misters (Students)
- Be Real (Students)
- What Would Happen if You Didn’t Sleep?
- How Social Networks Can Ruin Teens
- The 5 Love Languages for Students
- 3 Ways Your Smartphone Is Ruining You
- Fix Your Grammar
- Street Drug Rots You From the Inside Out
- The Truth About Popularity
- Make Time for Fun in High School
- What Does a Healthy Relationship Look Like?
- How to Break Bad Habits
- STDs | Ask a Doctor
- Grudge vs Boundary in Relationships
- Ask a Businessman
- Compound Interest: Why Don’t They Teach This in School?
- How To Say “No!” to Almost Anything
- High School Advice From Graduating Seniors
- Generosity for Teens | Core Virtues #12
- Patience | Core Virtues #10
- Love for Teens | Core Virtues #8
- How to Have Joy | Core Virtues #2
- How to Have Integrity
- Gratitude for Teens | Core Virtues #11
- Respect | Core Virtues #9
- How to Be a Superhero 101
- How to Have Loyalty | Core Virtues #13
- How to Have Courage | Core Virtues #7
- How to Be Diligent | Core Virtues #5
- How to Take Ownership
- How to Have Wisdom | Core Virtues #6
- How to Have Self-Control | Core Virtues #3
- How to Have Forgiveness
- Four Types of Friends in Junior High
- Should You Get Rid of Snapchat?
- What is Life Really Like in Rwanda?
- Forget shopping – Soon You’ll Download Your New Clothes
- How to Help a Friend Who Is Thinking About Suicide
- 10 Reasons Why Time Travel is No Good
- Differences between Guy and Girl Friendships
- What If You Only Drank Soda?
- 7 Things Teens Wish They Could Say to Their Parents
- Eight Awkward Situations and How to Deal with Them
- Can online courses replace a campus education?
- Investing for Teenagers
We offer customized partner pages for individual schools or entire districts. These pages organize our content and provide a space to display sponsorship banners for corporations and foundations.